Monday, November 14, 2011

bedroom makeover

Well…I’m feeling quite uninspired this week, I’m afraid. I even cruised around Home Sense yesterday, and still, nothing. (Now that’s hard to do!)

Since I refuse to talk about all the wonderful holiday décor ideas until closer to Christmas, I’m keeping those ideas at bay for now. But I promise to start sharing them soon...
So, this week’s project will be a bedroom makeover – mine!

I’ve enjoyed the blue color scheme I used to decorate it when I first bought the house. It's crisp, fresh and fun. It's evolved some over  the last 4 years -- adding some greys, a dash of purple and some black -- as I think all good design should,  but I've decided that it’s time for a bigger change.


I’m on a tight budget, so I thought it would be a good one to blog about. My goal is to give the room a significant makeover in terms of the look & feel, while using all the same accessories.

That's a good challenge, but not an impossible one.

Playing with paint will be the answer. New color scheme is a grey-ish lavender-ish (amorous AF-600, Benjamin Moore) and a beautiful grey-ish black (wrought iron 2124-10, Benjamin Moore).


Amorous is described as "Intense without being overpowering, this soft shade of purple with red undertones imparts a sense of grandeur and opulence to any room".
I’m going for something more chic, mixed with a bit of personality and maybe even a little sexy thrown in.


This is a virtual bedroom from the Benjamin Moore website (http://www.benjaminmoore.com/) that allows you to virtually paint a room. Very helpful in getting a good idea of how the colors will come together.

You’ll be amazed what a couple cans of paint can do….check back next week to see the end result!



For more about rouge, visit www.littlered.ca or check out past blogs at www.justalittlerouge/blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment