Sunday, June 5, 2011

reno chronicles #21

This week at the reno, things slowed down a little bit, but there was still progress…two more inspections on Monday and spray foam insulation on the walls and ceiling on Wednesday.

Nice and toasty in there now...can already imagine how nice that will be in the middle for the winter. Horray for not having the pipes freeze anymore!


Wonderful contractor has definitely not disappeared, but he is now stretched between two jobs. I don’t mind so much, because there are still signs of progress. And because if my house could talk, it would tell me that it’s happy, and patient and enjoying the journey.

Next week will see another inspection and all the drywall – installation, taping, mudding, sanding and priming.



The week after that should be full steam ahead again.

I’ve been looking at flooring until my eyes bleed…and I think I found something that’s going to work. Actually, I found a great option at Floors Plus, then happened to see the same product at one of the big box stores – on clearance and in stock! It’s on hold right now for me…just have to call to actually buy it and arrange to have it delivered later in the week.

Not that I need it right now as I’m going to install the flooring on my own later, but when it’s on sale and in stock, I don’t want to take any chances. The only downside is that I’ll have to store it in my already cluttered living room for a couple of weeks. Ugh.

Also waiting for my fantastic exterior light fixtures to arrive…seems like I ordered them ages ago on-line, but it’s really only been just over a week. I guess I'll wait a few more days...

See you next week!



For more about rouge, visit www.littlered.ca or check out past blogs at www.justalittlerouge/blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment