Sunday, May 15, 2011

reno chronicles #18

Rain, rain, go away!

Seriously. Go away.

Wonderful contractor is frustrated because this job is going so slowly. I don’t have much to compare it to, but would agree that it’s not happening fast. I don’t mind so much, but I can understand his perspective for sure.


Recording breaking rain must be very, very hard on business. Not to mention that it can't be any fun being outside and soggy all the time. The progress this week included the roughed-in plumbing, another successful inspection, the crushed rock for drainage, and with a break in the weather on Friday, spray foam insulation under the floor.



The electrician was here on one of the rainy days checking things out for his upcoming part in the renovation, too.

And I found awesome vintage hardware for the inside door…just needs a new paint job!



Now, we wait for another non-rain day to finally pour the floor. Doesn’t look like it’s going to be Monday.




Or Tuesday either, according to the current weather forecast.

Sigh…looks like I’m not going to be having that deck party on the May long weekend after all.





For more about rouge, visit www.littlered.ca or check out past blogs at www.justalittlerouge/blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi there...I was just looking through your blog, and although you fell like things are going slow, it looks like a ton of amazing work has been accomplished. Don't worry, the light at the end of the tunnel is there!

    In addition, I am in LOVE with the lamp you made over. Coincidentally I just started a themed linky party today and it is for lamp makeovers. I would love for you to join the party.

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete